This post may contain affiliate links, which help keep this content free. (Full disclosure)
This cauliflower chicken fried rice will satisfy your takeout craving with a healthy and delicious stir fry, loaded with vegetables and protein. It’s based on my (vegetarian) cauliflower fried rice recipe, except this time I used classic peas and carrots instead of bell peppers — but if you’re low carb, it’s easy to make that swap to make this dish more keto-friendly.
Why You’ll Love This Chicken Fried Cauliflower Rice Recipe
- Classic fried rice flavor
- Tender chicken and vegetables
- Easy, healthy meal made in one pan
- Ready in 30 minutes — faster than traditional chicken fried rice!
- Naturally gluten-free, paleo, whole30, and low carb
Ingredients You’ll Need
This section explains how to choose the best ingredients for cauliflower chicken fried rice, what each one does in the recipe, and substitution options. For measurements, see the recipe card below.
- Cauliflower – Used to make cauliflower rice! If you haven’t made it before, my cauliflower rice guide will show you exactly how to make it. As a shortcut, you can also buy already riced cauliflower from the produce section (which goes bad quickly, so use it within a day or two) or from the freezer section.
- Butter – Cooking this dish in butter imparts great flavor, but you could also use avocado oil or olive oil for a dairy-free option.
- Chicken Breast – I prefer to use organic chicken (get it shipped right to your door), but you can use any type of boneless skinless chicken breast. Boneless chicken thighs would also work, or if you have leftover shredded chicken, throw that in without the additional cook time.
- Sea Salt & Black Pepper
- Onion – I used white onion, but you could also use yellow onion.
- Garlic – The recipe calls for 2 cloves garlic, but feel free to adjust to your own tastes. You can mince fresh garlic yourself for the best flavor, or use jarred garlic for convenience. If you have neither, substitute 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder — but fresh tastes better.
- Carrots – These are listed as optional for keto cauliflower fried rice with chicken, because carrots aren’t keto, but definitely include them if this doesn’t apply to you or you aren’t strict. Another option is to use orange bell peppers for a similar color and light crunch.
- Green Peas – Peas are also optional, as carbs in peas are on the high side, but I love and have included them.
- Eggs – Use whole, large eggs.
- Coconut Aminos – This is used in place of soy sauce and is my preference, but low sodium soy sauce or tamari are fine to use instead if you like.
- Sesame Oil – Use a toasted sesame oil for best flavor. Be sure to add this only at the end, as it’s not intended to be used as a cooking oil.
- Green Onions – Thinly slice green onions for garnish and fresh flavor.
How To Make Cauliflower Chicken Fried Rice
This section shows how to make chicken fried rice with cauliflower rice, with step-by-step photos and details about the technique. For full instructions, see the recipe card below.
- Rice cauliflower. Use a food processor or box grater to “rice” the cauliflower florets.
- Saute chicken. Melt butter in a large skillet or wok over medium heat. Add chicken and season with salt and pepper. Saute until cooked through. Transfer to a plate and set aside.
- Saute vegetables. Cook the onion, garlic, and carrots until soft. Add peas and saute another minute.
- Cook eggs. Whisk eggs in a small bowl and press veggies to the edge of the pan. Add eggs to center and lightly scramble.
- Combine. Add cauliflower and chicken to the pan. Saute until the cauliflower is soft, but not mushy.
- Season. Remove from heat. Season the cauliflower mixture with coconut aminos, sesame oil, and chopped green onions. Adjust salt and pepper to taste.
- Store: Keep leftover chicken cauliflower fried rice in refrigerator for 3-4 days.
- Reheat: Reheat in a hot skillet on the stove, or in the microwave.
- Freeze: Store in an airtight container or zip lock bag in the freezer for 2-3 months.
More Healthy Stir Fry Recipes
If you like this keto chicken fried cauliflower rice, you might also like some of these other healthy stir fry recipes:
Cauliflower Chicken Fried Rice
Reader Favorite Recipes
The recipe card is below! Readers that made this also viewed these recipes:
Cauliflower Chicken Fried Rice (30 Min!)
This cauliflower chicken fried rice tastes a lot like the takeout version, but is made with healthy ingredients and packed with veggies! Ready in 30 minutes.
Tap underlined ingredients to see where to get them. Please turn Safari reader mode OFF to view ingredients.
Tap on the times in the instructions below to start a kitchen timer while you cook.
In a large saute pan over medium heat, heat one tablespoon of butter. Once hot add the chicken pieces and season with salt and pepper. Saute until cooked through, about 5-6 minutes. Transfer the cooked chicken to a plate and set aside.
Return the pan to medium-high heat and add the remaining butter. Add the onion, garlic, and carrots. Saute for 4-5 minutes, until the onions are translucent and the carrots have softened up a bit. Add the peas and saute for one more minute.
Whisk the eggs in a small bowl and push the veggies to the edge of the pan. Add the eggs in the center and cook until barely scrambled.
Add the cauliflower and chicken, and saute for 5 more minutes, until the cauliflower is soft but not mushy.
Remove from the heat and add in the coconut aminos, sesame oil, and chopped green onions. Season with more salt and pepper to taste.
Last Step: Leave A Rating!
Serving size: 1 1/2 cups
Nutrition facts are provided as a courtesy. Have questions about calculations or why you got a different result? Please see our nutrition policy.
Want to save this recipe?
Create a free account to save your favorite recipes!Sign Up To Save Recipes
© Copyright Maya Krampf for Wholesome Yum. Please DO NOT SCREENSHOT OR COPY/PASTE recipes to social media or websites. We’d LOVE for you to share a link with photo instead. 🙂